Jonathan is a Senior Manager at Empire Valuation Consultants and a Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Charterholder.
He has extensive expertise in valuations related to complex securities, carried interest, intangible assets, and mergers and acquisitions. Jonathan has advised his PE/VC/HF and corporate clients through complex audit processes since joining the firm in 2007. He has managed hundreds of engagements for financial reporting purposes, including Fair Value Measurements (ASC 820), Business Combinations (ASC 805), Stock Compensation (ASC 718), and impairment testing related to Intangible - Goodwill and Others (ASC 350) and Property, Plant and Equipment (ASC 360). He has also performed numerous valuations for tax reporting, acquisition and divestiture, transfer pricing, fairness opinions, ESOPs, estate planning and general corporate planning purposes.
Jonathan has presented on various valuation topics at industry conferences, including valuation of unicorn and early-stage companies, discount for lack of marketability (DLOM), option pricing models, cheap stock issues and valuation of contingent considerations, and is involved with the development of The Appraisal Foundation’s valuation advisories. He is a member of Empire’s Technical and Standards Committee.
Prior to joining Empire, Jonathan was a senior engineer in the telecommunications industry, first at Lucent Technologies/Agere Systems, then at GlobespanVirata/Conexant Systems, where he designed and tested Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems on a Chip (SoC) for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications.
- M.B.A. in Finance and Strategy - New York University Stern School of Business
- M.S. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering - Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering - St. Cloud State University
- CFA Institute - Member
- CFA Society of New York
- Alternative Investment and Financial Reporting Committees - Group Member
- NY and NJ Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) - Member
- NJ ACG Advancing Leadership Influence (ALI) - Committee Member
- NY and NJ Financial Executives International (FEI) - Member
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Member