Mark is a Managing Director of Empire Valuation Consultants. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers, and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Mark has over 25 years of valuation experience with operating, real estate and intangible assets. He also has extensive experience in the valuation of business interests and assets for purposes of Fair Value Measurement (ASC 820), Business Combinations (ASC 805), Property, Plant and Equipment (ASC 360-10), financial SEC reporting, fairness opinions, estate and gift tax and litigation. In addition, he has prepared and supervised over 3,000 valuations of direct and indirect investments in debt, equity and real-estate backed assets on behalf of major alternative asset managers, family offices and business owners worldwide.
Mark has testified as an expert witness in Federal and State Courts and before the American Arbitration Association. He has lectured on business, debt and equity valuation, financial reporting valuation for national accounting, appraisal and legal organizations and the valuation of intellectual property. Mark is a past Professor of Finance (Business Valuation) at Fordham University Gabelli School of Business and has published several articles on valuation-related topics.
Prior to joining Empire, Mark worked for JP Morgan Chase, Equitable Capital's (AXA) Private Placement and LBO Group and PwC.
- M.B.A. in Business Administration (with distinction) - New York University Stern School of Business
- B.S. in Economics (cum laude) - University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
- American Society of Appraisers
- New York City Chapter of the ASA - Past President
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) - Member
- New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) - Member
- NYSSCPAs Private Equity Committee - Member
- Hedge Fund Association - Member
- Wharton Hedge Fund Network - Member
- Wharton Clubs of NY and Israel - Member
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society