Gregory J. Sullivan, ASA
Greg is a Managing Director of Empire Valuation Consultants, LLC and an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), designated in business valuation, of the American Society of Appraisers. He holds an MBA in Finance and Corporate Accounting from the University of Rochester’s Simon Graduate School of Business and a BBA in Finance from St. Bonaventure University. He is a Professional Member of the ESOP Association and a past Vice President of the Western New York Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers.
Greg has over fifteen years of business valuation experience and has managed a wide variety of valuation engagements involving diverse business interests, including:
- various classes of corporate equity, debt, and derivative securities;
- limited partnership and limited liability company interests;
- preferred freeze interests;
- carried and limited partnership interests in private equity and hedge funds;
- tenancy-in-common and fractional interests; and
- intangible assets and intellectual property.
These engagements have been for gift and estate tax reporting, ESOP and ERISA plan administration, merger & acquisition consulting, fairness opinions, corporate planning, and financial reporting/fair value purposes.
Greg’s experience spans a wide array of industries, including, among others:
- consumer electronics;
- commercial real estate;
- sporting goods manufacturing and licensing;
- heavy and agricultural equipment manufacturing;
- automobile dealerships;
- financial services; and
- non-ferrous metal mills, foundries, and service centers.
Prior to joining Empire, Greg was an officer of a New England commercial bank where he managed a group responsible for evaluating both closely held and publicly traded companies for the extension of commercial credit and the provision of international trade banking services. He also managed portions of that institution's loan officer development program and conducted seminars on credit and financial analysis for commercial lending and debt security analysis purposes.