Terry is the CEO, co-founder, and a Managing Director of Empire Valuation Consultants, and is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers.
Terry has over 40 years of accounting, corporate finance, and business valuation experience. He spent six years in public accounting where he handled corporate audits, tax planning, and other corporate financial services. Previous work experience included five years with Chase Lincoln First Bank, NA, holding positions as trust investment officer, manager of the Chase Lincoln Valuation Consultants Group, and member of the Chase Capital Markets Group. Terry also worked for more than four years as a certified public accountant (CPA) in audit and tax.
Terry has been involved in the valuation of a wide range of companies for many purposes, including estate and gift taxes, recapitalizations, reverse mergers, financial reporting, buy-sell agreements, bankruptcy, lending, equitable distributions, mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), fairness opinions, insolvency opinions in debt restructuring, and debt securities. His experience also includes the valuation of various intangible assets, intellectual properties, covenants-not-to-compete, and franchise agreements.
Terry has testified as an expert witness on valuation matters in various State Supreme Courts, Federal Courts, Bankruptcy Court, and before the New York State Public Service Commission. In addition, he has lectured to numerous business and professional groups on a broad range of valuation topics.
- M.B.A. in Business Administration - University of Rochester Simon Business School
- B.S. in Business Administration - Alfred University
- American Society of Appraisers (Local, Regional and National)
- National Business Valuation Committee - Past Member
- International Board of Examiners (BV) Assistant Vice Chairman (Head) - (over 7 years)
- International Board of Examiners – Member (over 20 years)
- Western New York Chapter - Held Every Position
- The ESOP Association
- National Valuation Advisory Committee - Emeritus Member
- NY/NJ Chapter – Various Positions and Committees (over 20 years)
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) - Consultant Member
- Member of the AICPA – Non-Practicing