Joe is a Managing Director at Empire Valuation Consultants. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
He has over 25 years of business experience in public accounting, internal audit, alternative investment management and business valuation. His valuation practice is focused largely on estate and gift planning, corporate recapitalizations and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). Joe has been deposed and testified as an expert witness on a variety of valuation related matters, and he has successfully negotiated estate tax settlements with the Internal Revenue Service.
Joe has lectured on valuation topics to professional and educational organizations including the ESOP Association, the New York State Society of CPAs, Nationwide Financial and the University of Rochester Simon Business School. He has participated as both a panelist and judge at various student-related presentations at the University of Rochester and St. John Fisher College.
- M.B.A. in Finance - University of Rochester Simon Business School
- B.S. in Accounting - Rochester Institute of Technology
- American Society of Appraisers
- Western New York Chapter - Past President, Vice President and Treasurer
- International Board of Examiners - Past Member
- Examiner of the Year Award (2006)
The ESOP Association - Professional Member