Garrett is a Senior Equipment Appraiser with Empire Valuation Consultants. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) with a designation in Machinery & Technical Specialties and a Certified Equipment Appraiser of the Association of Machinery and Equipment Appraisers (AMEA).
Garrett has extensive experience in valuations of machinery and equipment for financial reporting, gift and estate tax, asset-based lending, litigation, and corporate planning and due diligence. He has valued equipment for clients ranging from individuals, small partnerships, and mid-sized corporations to local, state, and federal government agencies and Fortune 5 corporations. He has experience with equipment in many different industries, including construction and transportation, agriculture and food processing, wineries and breweries, medical and healthcare, and others.
Garrett is an active member of the ASA, currently serving as International Vice President and member of the Board of Governors. Garrett has previously served as editor of the fourth edition of ASA’s foundational textbook on equipment appraisal, Valuing Machinery & Equipment: The Fundamentals of Appraising Machinery and Technical Assets, published in 2020; as the ASA Region Governor covering the Western United States, Australia, and the Asian Pacific Rim; and as President of the ASA Northern California Chapter.
- Association of Machinery and Equipment Appraisers
- American Society of Appraisers
- International Vice President & Past International Secretary/Treasurer
- Northern California Chapter – Past President & Board Member
- Board of Governors – Member
- Editor – Valuing Machinery & Equipment: The Fundamentals of Appraising Machinery and Technical Assets (4th Edition)
- M.B.A. in Business Administration – San Francisco State University
- B.A. in Political Science – San Francisco State University