Chuck is a Managing Director of Empire Valuation Consultants and an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers.
He has over 30 years of professional experience providing financial consulting, business appraisals, ESOP feasibility and transaction consulting, due diligence, and expert witness testimony on business valuation matters. Chuck has extensive experience with the valuation of business assets and interests for purposes of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), providing ESOP feasibility studies, plan design, and implementation consulting services. He has assisted over 100 companies in exploring the feasibility of utilizing an ESOP and implementing an ESOP for business succession purposes.
Chuck has prepared and managed estate and gift tax valuations, fairness opinions, allocation of purchase price among acquired intangible assets and goodwill impairment testing, shareholder and partnership disputes, marital dissolution, acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers.
He has testified as an expert witness on valuation matters in various State Supreme Courts, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and has had his valuations accepted by the IRS and U.S. Tax Court. He has also testified as an expert witness before the American Arbitration Association.
Chuck has published articles and lectured on business valuation, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, and ESOPs before various professional and industry groups throughout the United States.
- M.B.A. - University of Hartford’s Barney Graduate School of Business and Public Administration
- B.S. in Business Management - University of LaVerne
- American Society of Appraisers - Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Board of Governors - Past National President
- Ethics Committee - Past National President
- Connecticut Chapter - Past Local President
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) - Consultant Member
- ESOP Association/Valuation Advisory Committee - Professional Member