Terry is a Managing Director and co-founder of Empire Valuation Consultants and is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) of the American Society of Appraisers.
Terry has over 30 years of accounting, corporate finance, and business valuation experience. He spent six years in public accounting where he performed corporate audits, tax planning, and other corporate financial services. He was the founder and manager of the Business Valuation Group of d/b/a Chase Lincoln First Bank as both a Trust Officer and a member of the Chase Lincoln Capital Markets Group based in Rochester, NY, from 1983 to 1988.
Terry has been involved in the valuation of a wide range of companies for many purposes, including estate and gift taxes, recapitalizations, reverse mergers, financial reporting, buy-sell agreements, bankruptcy, lending, equitable distributions, mergers and acquisitions, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), fairness opinions, insolvency opinions in debt restructuring, and debt securities. His background also includes the valuation of various intangible assets, intellectual properties, covenants-not-to-compete and franchise agreements.
Terry has testified as an expert witness on valuation matters in various State Supreme Courts, Federal Courts, Bankruptcy Court, and before the New York State Public Service Commission. In addition, he has lectured to numerous business and professional groups on a broad range of valuation topics.
- M.B.A. in Business Administration - University of Rochester Simon Business School
- B.S. in Business Administration - Alfred University
- American Society of Appraisers (Local, Regional and National)
- National Business Valuation Committee - Elected in 1999
- International Board of Examiners - Member (over 15 years)
- Business Valuation Section - Assistant Vice Chairman
- Western New York Chapter - Held Every Position
- The ESOP Association
- National Valuation Advisory Committee - Consultant Member
- NY/NJ Chapter - Executive Committee Chair & VP of Program
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) - Consultant Member
- American Arbitration Association - Arbitrators and Mediators Panel Member